109 Afresh

Pardon the choppy cutting of Chiara's hair- I didn't have much time last night :/
Remember this post from many months ago, when I was seriously crushing on the "pephem skirt"? Well, it looks like I've got magnificent foresight-- this silhouette is now all over blogshops (Fashmob, Love, Bonito, and Megagamie, to name a few) as the "mermaid hem skirt". Which, strictly speaking, is untrue, as I believe the term 'mermaid hem' is more commonly applied to gowns (see: any Zac Posen runway, or any Zac Posen dress worn by Coco Rocha!), but that's all semantics. (I myself learnt the term "pephem" from K is for Kani, who kickstarted my obsession.)

When browsing through Who What Wear's latest feature on off-the-shoulder tops, I realized they paired pretty well with these pephem (or 'fit and flare') skirts. I particularly like Tuula Vintage's take (above right): it's more like the skirt version of the lantern sleeve, as the body-fitting top is extended to form a pencil skirt with a flamenco twist. It's got me tempted to get back into this trend...

No comments:

Post a Comment